I am so thrilled that this year is the 20th of the first Harry Potter’s book. This series changed my life, marked my teenage years, and helped me built who I am today. Seeing all the love it still received after all these years, all the beautiful Instagram posts, it was marvelous, and I am glad to be part of it and show my love as well!
That’s why I decided to do this little tag today, to remind me of the magic of Harry Potter… and to have some fun with you guys! (also, I do not know who created this tag, if you do, please let me know!)
1. What is your favorite book?
For a very long time, my favorite book was The Prisoner of Azkaban (because Sirius, because the Marauders, and Hogsmeade and Patronuses) . But now, it is hard to choose between the Goblet of Fire (things really get to the next level, and all the trials and other schools!!) and the very first book, The Philosopher’s stone. Because it is there we discover all the MAGIC of the Wizard World, it is there that we start our adventure. And I still remember the amazement I felt when reading it for the first time, discovering with Harry that magic existed… even if mine is different from his 😉
2. What is your favorite film?
For the same reason I would have chosen the first book, I’ll say the first movie. Seeing Rowling’s universe on screen … it was the best!! Chocolate frogs, Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat, Quidditch…. everything was better than I imagined! And when I look at it now, I just realize how young the actors were ❤
3. What is your least favorite book?
That’s easier for me and I’ll tell you why: I HATE snakes. So I bet you can find out which book is my least favorite right?
4. What is your least favorite film?
Same answer here. I hate snakes and can’t bare seeing them. But watching a freaking giant Basilisk on a theater’s screen? 10000 times worse!
I will also say that I was a bit disappointed by the 3rd movie. Simply because of the choice of actors for Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Don’t get me wrong, Gary Oldman and David Thewlis are both GREAT actors, but they were SO DIFFERENT from what I pictured for these characters. It still feels a bit off to me, even if I grew to like them in the part.
(Also please raise your hand if you’ve seen Dragon Heart and still see David Thewlis in this role no matter what!!!)
5. Parts of the books/films that made you cry?
They are countless!!!! But I remember two really:
- Movie: the battle of Hogwarts, all the wands lightening to build a magical barrier. The music was just perfect.
- Book: the last chapter of the Deathly Hallows, when we discover how Harry named his son. I had read this book in one day, I was a wreck, it broke me.
- All the deaths, but mostly Dobby (just thinking about it, I want to cry) Fred, Remus and Tonks (I just can’t ok???)
- when Fleur declares she will marry Bill no matter what
- Snape’s « Always »
6. If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?
Gosh… it’s weird to think about it really!! But maybe.. Lupin?
(cf picture above)
7. Who is your favorite character?
- Male character: It was really hard to choose but I have to say it’s Harry. I loved following him through years, understanding his struggles, being mad at him sometimes too. Yes, he stays my fav ❤
- Female character: That’s even harder!! So many awesome female characters to choose from!!! I can’t decide between Minerva McGonagall. and Molly Weasley. McGonagall is just the queen of sass, in a classy way. The actress playing her is perfect, she is a great witch, and seriously, who wouldn’t want a teacher like her?
8. Who is your least favorite character?
Lol. No hesitation here. Dolores Umbridge
9. What is your favorite quote?
This series is full of quotes I love dearly, even wrote them in a notebook. But if I had to choose one it would be:
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
10. What is your least favorite quote?
I don’t think there is one. For me not to like a quote, it takes a lot, namely, not to like the writing style, or to find something offending. I did not find anything fitting that in these books… the only thing I can think of is the way Sirius talked to Kreatur (but does that really answer the question?)
11. What would your Patronus be?
Well, if I am to believe Pottermore, it should be a calico cat. I can live with that!
12. What would your Boggart be?
Can’t you guess with my previous answers? Starts with an S….
13. What would you rather have – the elder wand, the resurrection stone or the invisibility cloak?
The cloak of invisibility, cause I would pick the safe choice. It seems wiser looking at what happens to the owners of the other relics!
14. Which house would you be in?
Gryffindor!! (says Pottermore but also my heart!) Though, thinking about it, I may have a Slytherin side as well…
15. If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?
I would love to be a Seeker of course, but I am pretty sure I would suck, hard. Actually, I am not sure I would fit in any position…. I guess Chaser then?
16. Which class would be your favorite?
ALL OF THEM!!! Please!!!!! If I could only choose one it would be Charms I think, cause a lot of practical spells (like Accio) are learned there!
17. If you could bring one character back to life, who would it be?
Impossible choice. Really. I can’t. If I could bring two, I would have chosen Lupin and Tonks… but one…ok, Dobby! Brave free elf ❤ (I have to confess, searching for a gif of him, I was almost crying, it’s too hard!!)
18. What would your job be in the magical world?
Hum… I think I would be a teacher! Yup!
19. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?
Maggie Smith. She is my queen! I want to see how much of the sass she brings to her characters is really from her.
20. Were you happy with the ending?
Yes… and no. I guess you can never be fully happy with an ending, cause it will always be different from what you imagined. But I am ok with it if that’s what you mean.
21. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
So much. My childhood and teenage years. Magic. Hope. Love. It’s rooted deep into me, and I can’t and won’t forget it, and all I learned from it. I feel blessed to be part of this generation who grew with Harry Potter, it was a gift to us, and I’ll never thank enough JK Rowling for that. The best part? It keeps bringing new beautiful things in my life, it keeps bringing me joy, and I am proud to call myself a Potterheard, a Gryffindor and any other term saying that I am too, part of this world.
Hope you enjoyed this tag and my all too emotional responses. If you do it too, please send me the link!!
See you for a cup!