Hello bookdragons!! I’m here on this beautiful Sunday to present you this month Chapters Indigo Staff Pick of the Month (or SPOTM): 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne.
Staff Pick of the Month?
If you are wondering what this is about, each month, across all the Chapters stores, over 200 employees select a title to be the Staff Pick of the Month, in the Teen section, but also Adult Fiction! I talked to you last time about the Teen choice, and today it is the turn to discover the Adult one!
February Adult Pick: 99 percent Mine by Sally Thorne
« Crush: a strong and often short-lived infatuation, particularly for someone beyond your reach…
Darcy Barrett has undertaken a global survey of men. She’s traveled the world, and can categorically say that no one measures up to Tom Valeska, whose only flaw is that Darcy’s twin brother Jamie saw him first and claimed him forever as his best friend. Despite Darcy’s best efforts, Tom’s off limits and loyal to her brother, 99%. That’s the problem with finding her dream man at age eight and peaking in her photography career at age twenty—ever since, she’s had to learn to settle for good enough.
When Darcy and Jamie inherit a tumble-down cottage from their grandmother, they’re left with strict instructions to bring it back to its former glory and sell the property. Darcy plans to be in an aisle seat halfway across the ocean as soon as the renovations start, but before she can cut and run, she finds a familiar face on her porch: house-flipper extraordinaire Tom’s arrived, he’s bearing power tools, and he’s single for the first time in almost a decade.
Suddenly Darcy’s considering sticking around to make sure her twin doesn’t ruin the cottage’s inherent magic with his penchant for grey and chrome. She’s definitely not staying because of her new business partner’s tight t-shirts, or that perfect face that’s inspiring her to pick up her camera again. Soon sparks are flying—and it’s not the faulty wiring. It turns out one percent of Tom’s heart might not be enough for Darcy anymore. This time around, she’s switching things up. She’s going to make Tom Valeska 99 percent hers. »
What made me want to pick it up? (and why I think you should pick it up too!)
- Darcy seems like a great character: successful and independent, while also keeping a romantic soul and not stopping at just « good enough » even if she tries to.
- I love all stories where the main characters go back to their family roots to rebuild something (my favorite is a bakery or book shop but this rebuilding the house sounds good too)
- I feel like the relationship between Darcy and Tom will be fun to watch, especially with the twin brother in the middle
- I have a little something for second chance romance. Someone you loved a long time ago, coming back to your life, and the events of the past crashing against the potential for a future together!
- I just love this title: 99% Mine, so catchy don’t you think?
Hope this convinced you to give this book a chance! Now I’m going to dive in 😉
See you for a cup,