Hey guys!! What an original theme for the Top Ten Tuesday of this week: Things that make me pick up a book! It was interesting to think about that, beyond the obvious « cover crush » buy 😛 (but yeah, of course, I pick books because of their covers haha)
- Because of the synopsis: Pretty obvious right? And kind of the first reason why one would pick a book. You look at what it will talk about, it attracts you, you get it. Simplest equation ever!
Last picked-because-of-the-synopsis book: The Simple Wild – KA Tucker
- Because of the cover (told you it would be there!): let’s be honest for a second please: we do pick books for their cover. It’s there and it’s the first thing we see. A pretty cover will catch your attention, make you want to discover more about the book in your hands, and potentially buy it.
Last picked-because-of-the-cover book: SpellSlinger – Sebastien de Castell
- Because of the title: a catchy title will always make me curious about a book. It can tell a lot about the atmosphere and the type of reading you can expect!
Last picked-because-of-the-title book: Dreaming in chocolate Susan Bishop Crispell
- Because it was recommended by a friend: This is new to me, like bookstagram new. Before, I was not connected to that many bookworms, and I bought books that appealed to me… but now I have access to the opinion of so many book lovers! And some very good friends! So when they say a book is amazing and worth reading, I go for it!
Last picked-because-recommended book: The Secret History – Donna Tartt
- Because of the author: pretty basic one too, but there are some authors I don’t even ask myself « will I like this book or not? », they are an instant buy! For example Pierre Bottero, Laini Taylor, VE Schwab or Roshani Chokshi among others!
Last picked-because-of-the-author book: The Near Witch – VE Schwab
- Because I liked the movie: If I saw a movie and enjoyed it, I absolutely want to read the book behind it because how could it not be even better right??
Last picked-because-of-the-movie book: Dumplin’ – Julie Murphy (it was so good!!)
- Because it’s a classic and I DO NEED TO READ MORE CLASSICS. Like, I know we are not obligated to read classics and can live happily without ever doing so but I do want to read more Jane Austen and Charlotte Brontë and all of the others!
Last picked-because-it’s-a-classic book: Mansfield Park – Jane Austen
- Because I love it and it’s time for a re-read: I have a list of books I want to reread, a long list: Harry Potter, the Parasol Protectorate, all of Pierre Bottero and more! It’s such a pleasure to dive back into our favorite worlds!
Last picked-for-a-reread book: Harry Potter- the Goblet of fire – JK Rowling.
- Because it has high reviews: I have so many unread books on my shelves, I became very picky when it comes to adding books to my TBR. So now, I always look on Goodreads for reviews! It’s not a fail-proof system, as I loved some books that only got 3.5 on Goodreads but well, it helps keep things under control (or so I like to think!). So now, I (almost) only pick books with at least a 4/5 rating!
Last picked-because-high-reviews book: Tin Heart – Shivaun Plozza
- Because I feel like it: no need for a specific reason, that day, it was that book!
Last picked-because-mood book: Aime-moi je te fuis – Morgane Moncombe (French Romance)
And now I’m SUPER curious! What makes you pick up a book?
See you for a cup,