Hi guys!! Are you ready for a new Top Ten Tuesday? ( If you do not know what TTT is, you can read all about it at That Artsy Reader Girl.) This week theme really brought back funny memories: Crazy Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books! And if you go til number 10, you’ll get a special treat as the BF decided to share a little something too 😉
- Skipping meals: Not such a big deal you could say, but seriously, when the last HP book came out, there was NOTHING IN THE WORLD that would have made me put it down. I read it in a day.
- Reading while eating: cause nothing can stop me, I used to read through breakfast, putting the book between my cereal bowl and the box or jar or anything. Recipe for a disaster you say? YES. But it didn’t stop me and I could also read through lunch and a plate of pasta, or dinner and whatever I was having…Poor books got buttered pretty often!
- Doing a 6 hours drive to go to a bookish event: it was for a Harper Collins event it was a bit intense, but it was worth it!
- Going several times a week to a used book stores tour: I was with a friend, she loved to read as much as I did, so we kind of influenced each other and spent all our free time going through used book stores in Montreal. It was a bit out of hands but we had such great times and surprises!
- Deciding sleeping was not worth it: how many times did I read till 3am when I had to wake up super early, like 5 hours later, just because I could not put down a book? I knew I would regret it and cry in the morning, but it was stronger than me!
- Rebuying the entire collection from an author I love: because all the books I had from this author were in France, and I couldn’t handle it… so I just repurchased them all, with some extras!
- Buying all the pretty editions I find of my favorite books: includes LOTR and the Hobbit ( I have maybe 5 editions if not more) and Harry Potter ( I have the first book 7 times).
- Go in a river (with strong current): you know this fancy picture of people being in the ocean or a pool and holding a book while they are underwater? Well, I decided to do it too. Except that I picked a river, and there was a strong current and while I was trying to hold the book above my head, my body was carried away by the flow… and I lost my shoes (and my BF, taking the photo, got bitten by all sorts of bugs)! But I did take the photo:
- Another one for Instagram (what can I say, I’m dedicated!): laying down under the sun by 104°F in a jean jacket for a photo. Boy, was it hot in there!
- From the Boyfriend – Spraining an ankle: The latest HP book at the time had just arrived and was in the mailbox. I just had to start reading it ASAP, so I ran to get it and went through the garage to get to the mailbox. That’s where I walked on a shoe, slipped and sprained my ankle. Was it worth it? Definitely!
Now that I told you everything, it is your turn! Share some crazy things you’ve done for the love of books with us!!
See you for a cup,