Let’s get it real this week with the Top Ten Tuesday! ( If you do not know what TTT is, you can read all about it at That Artsy Reader Girl.) We are talking about unpopular bookish opinions, it’s gonna hurt! Just kidding :p but please keep in mind that these opinions are just my own and don’t invalidate yours 😉 Also, feel free to share your unpopular opinions in the comment!!
- Not such a fan of the Lunar Chronicles: BAM! I’m starting big right? The Lunar Chronicles is this super popular series but for me… the magic didn’t work!
- Jane Austen is not my ideal romance: what I actually mean is that most of Jane Austen works leave me cold, because she was super in advance on her time, yes, but in her books, her female characters are still fainting and fragile creatures! Men are allowed much, women barely a choice… I know it was representative of the time but it is not what I want to read now.
- I don’t like Ron Weasley that much: ouch! Another one that hurts… sorry guys but I find him too mean at times…
- But I love Harry! I have seen a lot of Harry « hate » on Instagram or people complaining about him but I still love him so much ❤
- I dog-ear my books (PLEASE DON’T KILL ME), it’s just so much more convenient to get back to quotes for my reviews!
- I loved the first Divergent movie! I know a lot of people thought these movies were bad, and I agree for 2 and 3 but I LOVED so much the first one (and let’s be honest, Shailene is WOOOW please marry me)
- I don’t want to read Children of Blood and Bone… I see it everywhere but it doesn’t appeal to me…
- I love when a character dies. You may call me crazy, but when a character I love dies, it just makes the book more realistic for me and deeper, like the author is not afraid to take that step!
- I don’t mind spoilers (most of the time at least!), because for me the journey, the story, is more important than the end. That’s why we can still appreciate romance, for example, knowing that anyway our characters will end up together!
- Cassandra Clare writing and me: It’s a no. Another big one for the end, as Cassandra Clare is one of THE big YA authors for years now. But I tried one of her books (Clockwork Angel) and I was « meh. I found the writing too simplistic and was not invested in the story at all. Sorry Cassie!
Still don’t hate me? Good!!
See you for a cup,