Hey guys! It’s Sunday, let’s keep it cozy… and talk Harry Potter! I just wanted today to share my top 5 reasons for loving this series and why it is so important to me, even to this day 😉 Also, I hope this will convince the ones of you who haven’t read this series yet to do so!!
1. The magic. Like, everything: the spells, the magic system, the school… I mean I could make a super long list about everything I love about the magic system but you get it 😉 It’s so imaginative and well built, but also, so much fun! It is the first thing that puts this series of books out of the ordinary and really makes it unique. (ok, one of my fav things ever:the Patronus!)
2. Growing with the books: I read The Philosopher’s stone when I was just turning eleven, I was Harry’s age and then, each year, I was getting older with him, like him. It made the connection to his character and the story so easy! And I think it made the experience so much better, I feel extremely lucky to be part of the generation that got that chance.
3. Hermione: I was a lot like Hermione younger: Top of the class and bushy hair. Having a hard time finding friends and being judged for liking to learn. Hermione was the first character like me I met, and she gave me courage, told me it was ok to be who I was and that in the end, I’ll meet people who would like me for me (this is a happy ending story, I did meet real friends!)
4. How much it impacted my daily life: it rejoins point number 3, but Harry Potter really gave me a feeling of belonging, helping me connect with people like me. From waiting for my Hogwarts letter after reading book 1 to being sorted into a house on Pottermore and to all the talks I still have with friends around the Wizarding World, Harry Potter was more than just a book or a series, it has created a connection between people, even 20 years later!
5. The world-building: let’s be honest, it’s pretty incredible! All the words JK Rowling invented, the magical tool, the history of the Wizarding World and so much more! Like the Room of Requirement, how great and inventive is it??
What about you? what do you love most about Harry Potter?
See you for a cup,