Hey guys! This week’s theme for the Top Ten Tuesday is a Halloween freebie.. and so I have decided to tell you about some of my favorite and most interesting books on witches! And no, I will not mention Harry Potter :p
- A discovery of witches – Deborah Harkness: I fell in love with how magic is described in this book, especially the knot magic!
- Serpent and Dove – Shelby Mahurin: another very interesting way to see how magic works! And some pretty bad witches!
- Wild Beauty – Anna-Marie Mclemore: The magic is more delicate and gentle here, related to flowers and plants, but also hides a powerful dark side!
- The Rules of Magic – Alice Hoffman: Impossible to read it without wanting to try some of the witchy tips and recipes in this book! It’s beautiful and heartbreaking!
- Toil and Trouble: 15 Tales of women and witchcraft: So many short stories about all kinds of witches! And with a heavy feminist message. A beautiful discovery to be made if you haven’t already!
- W.I.T.C.H. – Elisabetta Gnone: This comic book series was one of my childhood favorites with its 5 elemental witches! And the drawings are just so gorgeous!
- Truthwitch – Susan Dennard: Ok, this one I have just started. But I’m pretty sure I’m gonna love it! I love the concept of the Witchlands already, and all the different kind of witches!
- These witches don’t burn – Isabel Sterling: This one was not perfect but it has the merit of showing LGBTQA+ characters and witch coven in Salem in the 21st century! So it was a really nice discovery!
- Equal Rites – Terry Pratchett: Witches like you won’t find anywhere else!
- The Raven Boys – Maggie Stiefvater: If I was a bit disappointed by the end of this series, I LOVED all of Blue witchy family and their peculiar powers!
That’s it for my selection of books with witches that I loved or at least the ones for which I loved the witchy representation!
Which witchy books do you like the most? Let me know!!
See you for a cup,