Hey guys! Time for the last Top Ten Tuesday of the year ( if you do not know what TTT is, you can read all about it at That Artsy Reader Girl.) !! And we are going with a classical prompt on this 31st of December: 10 favorite reads of 2019 🙂 It was not easy, and I had to ask Goodreads for help, but here is my top 10:
- The wise man’s fear – Patrick Rothfuss: also, my longest read of the year! I waited a while to read it but SO WORTH IT.
- Lore Olympus – Rachel Smythe: this is an ongoing webcomic (I’m planning an article on the matter) and an incredible story I discovered this year. I’m just crazy about this beautiful retelling of Hades and Persephone!
- The Ruin of Kings – Jenn Lyons: an incredible high fantasy adventure!
- The Way of Kings – Brandon Sanderson: that is a big book if you ask for one! But such a rich universe and interesting characters!
- Charmcaster – Sebastien de Castell: I’m crazy about the Spellslinger series and this third book was pretty incredible!
- Un dîner avec Cary Grant – Malika Ferdjoukh: This one is French and it’s wonderful. A historical dive into New York city in the 20s and a band of young adults trying to make their life there!
- Traitor to the Throne – Alwyn Hamilton: Rebel of the Sands really captured my heart with its magical world and brave characters! I could have but the entire trilogy there but well I had read book one in 2018 :p
- The Mirror Visitor #4 (not yet translated in English, original title: La tempête des échos) – Christelle Dabos: This series is everything and more, it’s so complex and fascinating and you must all read it. Finally having the last book and reading it was an intense moment!
- The Gilded wolves – Roshani Chokshi: Roshani’s writing style is simply stunning and I’m crazy about it! So of course, I was ecstatic to discover her latest YA… and I loved it!
- Nos âmes tourmentées – Morgane Moncombe: another French book here, and a romance! Yes, a romance made it to my top 10! This one was so heartbreaking and powerful, it had to!
That’s it for my top 10, it was hard to choose but I bet it will be even harder next year! What about you? What were your favorite books from this year?
See you for a cup,