Hello bookdragons!! A new month is here, and with it, a new Chapters Indigo Teen Staff Pick of the Month. This month, it is an older release coming out as a paperback (and it’s only like 10$): A Curse so Dark and Lonely!
Today, I’m gonna share with you 5 good reasons why you should try this very modern fairy tale retelling 😉
Staff Pick of the Month?
If you are wondering what this is about, each month, across all the Chapters stores, over 200 employees select a title to be the Staff Pick of the Month, in the Teen section! For the entirety of this month, the book is available for 20$ only (though this month, it is a paperback available for $13!) And each month, I am lucky enough to receive a copy of this SPOTM in order to share my honest opinion about it 🙂
January Teen Pick: A Curse so Dark and Lonely
Fall in love, break the curse.
Cursed by a powerful enchantress to repeat the autumn of his eighteenth year, Prince Rhen, the heir of Emberfall, thought he could be saved easily if a girl fell for him. But that was before he turned into a vicious beast hell-bent on destruction. Before he destroyed his castle, his family, and every last shred of hope.
Nothing has ever been easy for Harper. With her father long gone, her mother dying, and her brother constantly underestimating her because of her cerebral palsy, Harper learned to be tough enough to survive. When she tries to save a stranger on the streets of Washington, DC, she’s pulled into a magical world.
Break the curse, save the kingdom.
Harper doesn’t know where she is or what to believe. A prince? A curse? A monster? As she spends time with Rhen in this enchanted land, she begins to understand what’s at stake. And as Rhen realizes Harper is not just another girl to charm, his hope comes flooding back. But powerful forces are standing against Emberfall . . . and it will take more than a broken curse to save Harper, Rhen, and his people from utter ruin.
5 Good reasons to read A Curse so Dark and Lonely
- A Beauty and the Beast retelling: again?! Yes, again, and it can never be enough!!!
- Our main character is disabled, she has a.. and that is pretty rare by itself!
- The romance takes a surprising turn (which you wouldn’t think given that it’s Beauty and the Beast you know?)
- The MC comes from our world and ends up in a fantasy one. That’s my secret thrill… I love it when it’s well-done cause then I can believe it will happen to me too haha
- The sequel just came out: A Heart so fierce and broken, and with a title like that I’m sure you are curious to read it too!!
Have you read it already? And the sequel? Let me know!!
Don’t forget to check later on my Instagram to win a paperback copy of A Curse so Dark and Lonely on my Instagram 😉
See you for a cup,