Hello bookdragons!! A new month is here, and with it, a new Chapters Indigo Teen Staff Pick of the Month. This month, perfectly fitting with the Valentine vibe, we have a YA Romance: Tweet Cute!
Today, I’m gonna share with you 5 good reasons why you should try this really cute (yeah I know but it’s the perfect word to describe it) romance😉
Staff Pick of the Month?
If you are wondering what this is about, each month, across all the Chapters stores, over 200 employees select a title to be the Staff Pick of the Month, in the Teen section! For the entirety of this month, the book is available for 20$ only. And each month, I am lucky enough to receive a copy of this SPOTM in order to share my honest opinion about it 🙂
February Teen Pick: Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
Meet Pepper, swim team captain, chronic overachiever, and all-around perfectionist. Her family may be falling apart, but their massive fast-food chain is booming – mainly thanks to Pepper, who is barely managing to juggle real life while secretly running Big League Burger’s massive Twitter account.
Enter Jack, class clown and constant thorn in Pepper’s side. When he isn’t trying to duck out of his obscenely popular twin’s shadow, he’s busy working in his family’s deli. His relationship with the business that holds his future might be love/hate, but when Big League Burger steals his grandma’s iconic grilled cheese recipe, he’ll do whatever it takes to take them down, one tweet at a time.
All’s fair in love and cheese – that is, until Pepper and Jack’s spat turns into a viral Twitter war. Little do they know, while they’re publicly duking it out with snarky memes and retweet battles, they’re also falling for each other in real life – on an anonymous chat app Jack built.
As their relationship deepens and their online shenanigans escalate – people on the internet are shipping them?? – their battle gets more and more personal, until even these two rivals can’t ignore they were destined for the most unexpected, awkward, all-the-feels romance that neither of them expected.
5 Good reasons to read Tweet Cute
- A tweeter war? I found that idea super original and modern! And honestly, reading about all the tweets and batter was one of the funniest parts of the book!
- A good hate to love relationship: I love hate to love when it’s well done and it is definitely the case here!
- A romance, but not only: that’s what I liked with this book, it’s a romance, but it’s also about school and parental pressure, or even the one we can put on ourselves. I liked that the daily life of our characters was really developed and not there only to hold the romance.
- The alternate POV: we have two narrators here, Pepper and Jack, and it was super well done and made the reading even more dynamic!
- All the food talk: grilled cheese, monster cake, cookies, this book made me hungry I swear! I love food description in books haha!
Have you read it already? Do you want to? Let me know!!
See you for a cup,